In some countries, it is common for women to find a job when their children are young. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
Throughout the world, working mother is a phenomenon in the several countries. Many women become working mothers when the children are still young. This is occurring, because of growing economical pressure, personal preference and so forth. In this day and age, women are not restricted to be homemaker as compared to the past. There are the merits and the demerits which are being discuss in this essay.
For some people, there are some demerits of mother working which is giving bad impacts for developing children psychology. Firstly, children and their mothers seem to be less close nowadays. It is because mother spends less time with their children and working mother often works full time. As a result, children do not have enough time to share about their problems in school or about themselves. Secondly, children attempt to get affection, so children are more closely with their nannies of babysitters than their mother. Take one example in the dinner time, most of working mothers cannot serve the healthy meals for their children and family, not only meals but also an attention to keep warm the atmosphere at home. In the other way, youngsters spend more time with friends or surfing the internet to get well-being.
While some people critic claim that mother working has disadvantages for children, so I tend to say that working mother has some advantages for children and her family. First of all, there are many reasons why mothers choose to work when their children are still young. The first reason is cost of living which is more expensive in several countries. The second reason, women have the same opportunity to take place at managerial level in global company, because most of women are well-educated and well-qualified people recently. Moreover, mother working can give a contribution to pay basic needs in daily activity and education their children. Also, her salary becomes income to guarantee children living in as a wealthy people and working mother still can keep contact as deep as direct contact with mobile phone.
If we compare the condition in the past and nowadays is quite different. Long time ago the cost of living was cheaper than the cost of living at this time, so in the past only husband who held a responsibility to be breadwinner. However, recently the condition is the reverse where mothers also play an essential role in family to earn much money.
In conclusion, mother working will create advantages and disadvantages effect which will appear if they cannot divide the balance time between working and bring up their children.
Nowadays, most women no longer see themselves as stay-at-home moms whose lifelong goals are to take care of the children and do household chores. They now embrace the world of professionals to contribute to our economy and prove that they can still compete in the job market. But still, many people have mixed feelings about this subject. Some believe that mothers should stay at home and tend to their child/children’s needs, while others say, “You go, Momma!” What then are the perks and drawbacks of being a working mom?
To further understand the issue, here are the advantages and disadvantages of being a working mom:
• They’re Positive Role Models – Working moms inspire their daughters to think of a having a fruitful career in the future and not just grow up, get married, and have kids.
• They Raise Independent Children – They teach their children to become responsible and independent in doing household chores at an early age.
• They’re Less Prone to Have Depression – According to Robert Locke, health enthusiast and contributor in Lifehack, stay-at-home mothers are likely to suffer from depression which in turn will affect children as they grow up.
• They Value Quality Time with Their Children – They mostly switch off their devices the moment they get home to spend time with their children.
• They’re in Happier Relationships – Many working wives have stronger relationships with their spouses.
• They’re Independent – Single working moms don’t need a man to fulfill her and her child’s necessities; she provides for everything they need.
• They Get Their Children Extra Facilities – Working wives support their husbands in financial matters, which will provide their children better facilities.
• They Show More Love to Their Children – They are eager to go home from work to spend time with their children, making them more affectionate and loving.
• They’re Always Tired – A working mom’s life is like having two jobs without extra pay. They work 9 hours, suffer through the commute, and go home to restless children who needs attention.
• They’re Prone to Health Issues – Having the same daily routine with little or no rest can put a mother’s health at risk, which can result to more problems.
• Their Children are Left Alone or with Bad Company – Children who lacks a mother’s guidance are prone to falling in bad cliques.
• They’re Unable to Attend Important School Meetings – Their unavailability to attend significant school events like “Family Day” can cause inferiority to both mother and child.
• They Miss Out – Some working mothers miss out on the opportunity to witness their child’s first word, first step, and other once-in-a-lifetime moments.
Are you a stay-at-home mom who desires to achieve more in life? Read our best resume service reviews and get the help of the resume writing company that best suits you and your professional needs.
Image by franky242 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Lifehack, The Telegraph, WiseStep