All maintained school governing bodies and academy trusts have a legal duty to provide all of the governance information requested on this page in so far as it is available to them. This will increase the transparency of governance arrangements. It will enable schools and the department to identify more quickly and accurately individuals who are involved in governance, and who govern in more than one context. The information requested says nothing in itself about a person’s suitability to govern. However, it is essential information for the department to be able to uniquely identify an individual and in a small number of cases conduct checks to confirm their suitability for this important and influential role. You should provide all of the information requested insofar as it is available to you. A minimum set of information needs to be provided before a record can be saved.
Walbottle Campus is a large secondary school situated in Newcastle upon Tyne. It is one of the largest secondary schools in Newcastle. The school first opened in 1959 as three schools on one site, a Grammar School and two Secondary Moderns. These later merged to become the single Walbottle Campus. The vast majority of the school's students come from feeder Primary Schools which are members of the Outer West Learning Trust, of which Walbottle Campus is an Associate Member. In July 2016 there was a two-day Ofsted inspection. Walbottle Campus was graded 'Good' by Ofsted in July 2016, having previously been graded 'Required Improvement'
A new building was opened in 2008.
- A Block(light blue) - Business Studies, Hairdressing, Sixth Form & the inclusion Department.
- B Block(red) - Humanities
- C Block(green) - English & Modern languages (French & Spanish)
- D Block(dark blue) - Mathematics, Art, Health & Social Care & Child Development and Care
- E Block(orange) - All Technologies
- F Block(purple) - Science
- H Block(crimson) - Physical Education, Performing Arts, Head of School and Main Administration
- K Main Street (yellow) - Entrance to all blocks, I.C.T Classrooms, Staff Learning Lounge, Library and Staff Hub
- IT classrooms are located throughout the school.
Walbottle Campus has a strong leadership team at the helm to keep the whole school within order.
Notable former pupils
Walbottle Grammar School
- Michael Booth, Head Teacher, Walbottle Campus Newcastle (2000 - 2009)
- Paul Sampson, Head Teacher, Walbottle Campus Newcastle (2009 - 2016)
- Kerry Lord, Head Teacher, Walbottle Campus Newcastle (2017 to present)
- ^Walbottle Campus (Heads of Departments) (September 2012). Walbottle Campus Learning Journal (Year Nine). Walbottle Campus Learning Journal. 2: Depends on Version.